Areas of practicePrivacy and Data Protection
We advise companies from various sectors on everything related to personal data and privacy regulations, with a special focus on the area of e-commerce
We offer full service in this field and have an experienced team which has spent many years advising companies and professionals on all legal aspects related to the protection of personal data and e-commerce.
Personal Data Protection
When it comes to the protection of personal data, our practice area is characterized by thorough knowledge and experience advising on the rights and obligations contained in the Organic Law 15/1999 of December 13, and its legislative development, as well as the European General Data Protection Regulation.
In addition, our added value is the cross-disciplinary knowledge applicable to each case, including knowledge of both the general regulations (e.g., the workers' statute) and the regulations specific to each sector (e.g.: telecommunications, health, insurance, information society services, transportation, mass consumption, etc.), which allows us to identify and solve the needs and problems that our customers face.
- Adaptation to the Organic Law of Data Protection (LOPD) and legislative development
- Legal audits and audits on information systems to verify the correct implementation of the required security measures
- Legal assistance and representation in procedures related to data protection
- Creation of sectoral Codes of Conduct
- Participation in the phases of Due Diligence, contract negotiation, and warrantees related to commercial operations
- Performing the role of DPO (Data Protection Officer)
- Training and creation of security and data protection committees
E-commerce and internet
- Adaptation of the websites to the different general and sectoral implementing regulations