Areas of PracticeEnergy
RCD’s Energy department’s multidisciplinary team of highly specialized professionals works closely with other areas of the firm (such as Tax, Finance, Competition, Real Estate and Urban Planning, Dispute Resolution, Corporate and M&A), and provides comprehensive services for clients needing advising in the energy area
Our experience encompasses the entire energy sector—from conventional projects (electricity, gas, oil, and coal projects, etc.) to the particular legal challenges and needs companies and actors under the special regime face (for solar, wind, photovoltaic, thermo-solar, biogas and biomass energy activities).
More concretely, our experience includes the following:
- Procedures for regulatory administrative organisms (concentration records or the exercise of Function 14 in the National Commission for Energy and its Organisms)
- Sector-related administrative procedures: coasts, waters, ports, highways, environment, etc.
- License obtainment for building, modifying, exploiting, transmitting, and closing electric-energy-production facilities. Enrollment in competent administrative records
- Record management for initializing activities and commercializing electricity or gas
- Conflict management regarding facility access and electric and gas transportation or distribution (ATR)
- Public contracting
- Compulsory purchasing
- Public Administration asset responsibility
- Global M&A management: sale and acquisition of energy assets or companies (national or international), Joint Ventures, etc.
- Specific contracts for the energy sector (supply, funding and project finance, O&M, EPC, energy services, consumers and users, ATR contracts, agency contracts for energy sales, etc.)
- Advising for meeting recurring obligations (for information, activity or accounting separation, conduct regulations, interrelationships with other agents, etc.)